Adore and Admire
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ROSS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Adore and Admire
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ROSS
Adore and Admire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day in the Life

2 posters

Go down

A Day in the Life Empty A Day in the Life

Post  Prophet Barius Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 am

"If I've had to tell you more than once..." there was a loud BANG as hands hit the table, "Then there is a f- phenomenal problem with your head!" Prophet Damian Cain Barius II barked at the poor man whom was sitting at his desk. "I-I'm sorry sir, I-" "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES." His voice was practically a dull roar in the midst of the office that was bustling about it's usual business. People had either learned to pretend to not be interested, or else they were too afraid to look at the poor sod that was getting it this particular day. The man bowed his head and stood, the rest of him bending in apology to one of the three leaders that was shouting at him. He knew it must be taking all of the Prophet's strength to not punch him at this moment. "I'm sorry sir! It won't happen again sir!" He squeaked like a mouse.

Damian felt a tugging within his chest, and he knew he was being unfair. Again. So with some difficulty he reeled in the rage that was present on his features and at least managed a more neutral expression. The man was trying to do his job, and he was trying to make up for his mistakes. That was better than nothing. Heh, he was even bowing. So with a small grunt that was supposed to be a chuckle, Damian spoke, "I'm sure it won't. Just... take your time running those numbers so you are sure that they are correct." He sighed heavily and scratched the back of his blonde head, turning away from the bowing man before him. "Y-yes sir! I will!" Damian didn't even wait to hear how the man practically collapsed back into his chair, nor the whispers that immediately followed after. He already knew he always had everyone's full attention whenever he walked into a room. It didn't always pay to have a quick temper.

At this point he headed back to his own personal office, slowing as a pretty young thing that was his secretary walked up. "Sir, you have a few messages waiting for you. There are new recruit files that are waiting for you on your desk-" The woman paused as he held up a finger to her, biting her lower lip. "Walk and talk. I'm sure the whole goddamn world wants something right now." He murmured, gesturing for them to continue into his office (hell the thing might as well be some kind of living room in a penthouse). "Yes sir." The door slid open to reveal a room that was both grandiose and utterly practical. There was a beautiful mahogany desk in the corner in front of windows that held a lovely view of their city that stretched beneath them, a few tasteful antique pieces placed to accent the place. There was a persian rug on the floor in the colors of red, white, brown, and gold, a table standing upon it that had a glass surface. Surprisingly enough, there were actual plenty of plants about, the seating in the room scattered about. There was a section with long couches that surrounded a coffee table, a fireplace none too far from them.

Walking around to sit in his chair behind his desk, he exhaled a breath of relief and comfort, folding his hands as he leaned forward expectantly. "There were some letters from women that were left for you-" He held up a hand there, staring at her intensely since he knew that could mean many things. "Were they properly...." His secretary nodded once, "Yes sir. They passed all the tests. They should be safe." Damian sighed as he leaned back into his comfy chair, rubbing his eyes while waving a hand for her to continue. She nodded once and looked down at the clipboard she held. "The new set of inspections were sent in from all sectors, there were some requests for your religious opinion, and your request Ryuhi brandy was filled. Is there anything else I can do for you sir?" Oh thank god... At least THAT was good. "Can I just get a cup of kahlua please Cathy? Thanks." "Of course sir." With that, she bowed to him and left, leaving him with his work. How the hell had his father put up with all this bullshit?
Prophet Barius
Prophet Barius
THE COMPLEX MAN

Credits : 0

Summary
Power Level: 1

Back to top Go down

A Day in the Life Empty Re: A Day in the Life

Post  Eshara Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

It must have been some sort of sorcery to have actually found her, or deal with some demon, or even just the blessing of some ancestor spirit who had wnated the old man to be heard, but plain as day the letter had reached Eshara and was in her hands. It was... strange. She'd never gotten a letter before, especially since anyone who knew her knew letters and reading weren't on best terms with the cook. It had taken some time to read it slowly, quietly sitting in the Captain's room and periodically asking for his help with some of the words and the fancy scrawling letters of the cursive. Dammit, if you were going to send her something and make her read it, at least make all the words simple and plain! But there were two things that she hadn't needed help understanding: that it was from the Dominion palace, and that the sender was Arraris.

That was a name and place she hadn't thought of in years, but certainly never forgotten. Arrarris was her first owner, and the closest thing she'd had to a father for some time, even if he'd told everyone in the palace she was his niece. And now.... Now, Arraris was old, sick, and repentant for so much that made up their relationship and forged her understanding of the world. Even those words she'd had to look up confused her, even once she knew the meaning. Arraris was sorry and wanted to see her to make amends. Ancestors bless it all, this was going to be a weird trip.

-----

The Prophet's Dominion was still just as big and foreboding as she remembered it being, even though she'd grown a lot since she was five. Still imposing, still servants talking in hushed voices, and still everyone acting as though the wrath of God were going to rain down on them any minute. Maybe it was. Shard never really cared; the only wrath she felt rain down on her regularly left plenty of marks and nights with no dinner, and that was something she understood more than worrying about the hereafter. It was hard to go here of all places and not take any of her crew with her, but dragging the Cap'n into here... yeah, that just screamed bad idea at worst and awkward at best. No, this was a family issue, best as she could figure it, so nobody's problem but hers.

Eshara had grown into quite a different woman than she would have had she behaved better and stayed at the Dominion all her life, but even dressed as low-profile as possible she still had a distinct air about her that no longer screamed "servant." Not that it ever fully had, but now was even less. She was defiant and strong, aaaaaaand definitely not dumb enough to walk in through the main doors, check cleanances, make appointments, ge interviewed and jump through hoops just to see the damn catering head. No, no. This required a skill she'd been practicing there when she was a girl, just after Opal had been taken from her; sneaking in and out of the palace. A thief in broad daylight, cloak covering as much of her dark skin and hair as possible, Shard snuck into the Dominion, creeping around the halls and behind the statues that hadn't moved in ages. Just a flash in the corner of someone's eyes, there was nothing there to see when they looked.

It had taken a lot less effort than she thought it would before Eshara found herself in the great kitchen of the palace; this was the place she spent so much of her childhood. No, now the trouble came of finding the old man. "Arraris. Do ya know where he is?" Young kitchen maids gawked at the curvy, dark-skinned pirate, unsure what to make of her, squeaking and whispering, annoying the pirate. "Dammit, I ain't askin' nothin' complicated! He's the head caterer, you know that. I'm 'ere to see him." Shard was becoming visibly agitated with the young girls who looked ready to run lest she grab a rolling pin and hit them with it, happily ducking behind a large, matronly woman who had been in that kitchen since before Shard was.

"Here now, you girls get back to work." The pair nodded and hurried off, one darting out of the kitchen and doing the only thing she could think of- finding the nearest soldier and telling him someone aggressive had broken into the palace. The giant woman was more breast and round flesh than woman, appearing as a globe clad in skirts, her brown hair graying in large streaks. "Ancestors bless us... My little Eshara's found her way home! I'm afraid you're about fourteen years late for dinner, though." Eshara smirked, glad to see someone remembered her; as often as she got in trouble, it was a wonder anyone could. Reaching into a pocket of her cloak, she pulled out the letter.

"Arraris sent me a letter that's just got to me recently, so I came by to see how he was. He said he was sick and wanted to talk to me 'bout somefin." The massive woman placed a meaty arm around the pirate's shoulders, sweeping her into a hug and then to the stove, putting on a kettle for tea.

"He's resting right now m'love, but you'd best wait in here until he wakes up tonight. Poor man, he hasn't been doing well and was starting to think you wouldn't come. But here, you stay in here where it's safe and we'll start dinner for him soon; you can take it to him, be a nice surprise." Mrs. Jarley had a fair point; of all the places in the world, where could be safer than the vast kitchen of the Prophet's Dominion?
Eshara
Eshara
THIEVING COOK

Credits : 36

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Barius Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 am

There was the quiet sound of a pen scribbling in the Prophet's office, his eyes scanning each page as it appeared before him. He was sitting in his normal position with his elbow resting on his desk, his cheek resting in the palm of his hand. And, of course, you couldn't forget the bored expression. Yes... Yes... No... Yes... Yes... sigh YES. Ancestors, how in the bloody hell HAD his father put up with his? This wasn't even a joke anymore, this was just bullsh--"Sir?" Damian instantly perked up at the sound of his secretaries voice for that meant... KAHLUA. Beckoning her forward, the pen clattered forgotten upon his desk as his eyes focused upon what was balanced upon that tray. In a gorgeous glass with silver inlay at the edges, was that delicious brown liquid that would solve all his troubles. "Your kahlua sir." She placed it gently down on the desk before him, adjusting her grip on the tray before bowing to him and vanishing out the door. He didn't even care to watch her leave, he had kahlua. Oooohhh the goodness.... With a bright grin plastered across his face, the Prophet leaned back in his chair and took a slow sip of the hot liquid, humming in pleasure as it rolled down his throat. Thank the Ancestors for certain things.

Glancing back down to the stack of paperwork on his desk, Damian took a deep sigh and shrugged lightly, pushing himself up and out of his chair. Was the paperwork going anywhere? No, no it wasn't. It would be staying right there on his desk for a few more minutes. The tall man strolled over to the row of windows with his steaming drink, taking another slow sip as he stared off at the expanse of his glorious city. He really did have the best view in the house for it. Although... he supposed it would be more correct to say it was his, Irassos', and Daedalus' city... Pfft, fuck that. Right now in his good mood? It was his goddamn city. Just because he worked with the other two and played nice with everyone else, didn't mean that he wouldn't have little selfish moments to himself when alone. Hmm... Maybe he should visit the Commerce District... He could use some more suits, or alcohol hehe. Orrrr maybe he should visit his mother. The woman had a talent for worrying about him while remaining poised and elegant. She was a tricky old bat-

"Sir?"

... Fuck.

Well there went his happy mood. An eyebrow twitched as he took a good swig of his coffee with little to no regard of the temperature, for the moment continuing to stare out his window. "Yes? What is it?" He called back to the man, bathing in the sun's light as a sort of calming thing. "Sir, there's a woman in the kitchens with dark skin and dark hair. She was reported by some of the maids there." . . . . . . "... And?" It had to be a guard. Only certain people could sound so serious in a given situation, or be sticks in the mud. Boy did he know that sound well... "W-well... She's a suspicious persons who seems to know her way around the kitchens. What if-" Whipping about, Damian growled softly under his breath, doing his damndest to not shatter the glass in his hand. "Oh for.. I'll take care of it. Get out of here." "Y-Yes sir!" The guard didn't think twice about delaying as he ran from the room, leaving his superior alone in his office once more. Dammit all.... Taking a deep breath, he downed the rest of the contents of his glass and placed it back on his desk with a small shake of his head. Incompetent sons of....

Stuffing both of his hands in his pockets, the smirk he had been wearing was replaced with the usual grimace that he wore whenever he was doing something he'd really rather not be doing. So he made his way down to the kitchens to investigate this 'strange girl.' He had to wonder though, dark skin and dark hair... Had she worked there before? Because that was a simple enough explanation for how she knew away around. But had she worked when his father was still in power, or had he... Ah whatever, he didn't really care at this point. He'd rather be doing shit like this than sitting at his desk reading over boring folders and files. As he strode by servants, this stiffened and fear practically leaked plain off of them, his grimace only tightening at the sensation. You didn't have to be an animal to be able to sense it. Besides, it was a sensation he was rather familiar with. Cracking his neck, he stepped into the large room, observing one of the chef's hugging the strange girl. The other maids that were about instantly stiffened at the sight of him, bowing and scurrying away like little mice. Honestly, did anyone have any backbone in this world?

"So I'd hate to disturb this apparently touching reunion, but I gotta ask..." He began, remaining about seven paces away from the two women who had been speaking to each other. He stared very pointedly at the foreign girl, "Who are you, and what the hell are you doing here?"
Prophet Barius
Prophet Barius
THE COMPLEX MAN

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Eshara Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm

It was funny how so much could change and how so many things remained just as she'd remembered them, memories pooling to the top of her mind. The kitchen was still massive, but looked different now that she could reach everything. Mrs. Jarley was still a planet of a woman, but her warmth and smell hadn't changed at all. In a weird way that was kind of nice. Eshara leaned against the shining counter, waiting for the kettle to boil when suddenly the large kitchen grew very quiet. Shard leaned back on her elbowson the smooth counters, looking around at everyone during the sudden hush.

The other maids and staff that had been busy were quiet and still, some giving small bows as a man came in. Hm, someone important. He was dressed far too nicely to just be staff, and people were getting out of his way far too much for him to just be one of the head waiters. He looked too young to be soem crusty old General, and he seemed far too vexed to be down here. Yeah, someone important. Eshara looked the Prophet up and down quickly, and then to the plump woman who cared for her for so long as she, too, bowed... which only seemed to annoy the pirate further. The hell with all these people bowing and scraping and ass-kissing. Suddenly she remembered why she'd hated it here when she didn't have Opal around to tell her to be good. The handsome Prophet Barius himself, down in the lowly kitchen to visit. What, someone didn't bring the right biscuits with his tea?

Mrs. Jarley was quiet, keeping her head lowered as she nudged the younger woman, who instead of bowing or curtseying or showing the slightest smidgeon of courtesy... reached beside her and grabbed a large apple from the fruit bowl. The large green apple was beautiful, firm, and fragrant, and made a satisfying crunch as Eshara bit into it casually, not minding in least as she let a quiet 'Mmm' hum past her lips.

"So I'd hate to disturb this apparently touching reunion, but I gotta ask... Who are you, and what the hell are you doing here?" Ah, the voice of God speaketh! How humbling. Shard munched the apple contentedly, not ignoring the Prophet, but it WAS rude to talk with your mouth full, after all. That, and she really wasn't interested in this guy, Prophet or not. After an awkward moment of nothing but crunching as a reply, Mrs. Jarley spoke up, her face still low.

"She's just former staff, Sir. She won't be any trouble." The older woman gave the girl a look that clearly said Say you're sorry or I'll whop you, but no such reaction would be nudged from Shard. She simply rolled her whiskey-coloured eyes as she swallowed another bite of fruit, still leaning back against the counters and cabinets.

"Who I am is nobody of importance. An' wot I'm doin is eating a rather nice apple and making tea. Was a bit of a trip here, and I forgot to have the maid bring me breakfast on the road." Mrs. Jarley paled, looking a bit afraid they'd both be beaten as she nudged the girl's ribs hard, even though she ignored it completely. Shard took another large bite of the apple, and then gestured holding it out a few inches away from her body in offering. "Wan fome?"
Eshara
Eshara
THIEVING COOK

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Barius Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

You know, it was generally great to be king or pseudo-king in his case. You had beautiful women flocking to you (even if they were just gold-diggers), power, money, real estate.... But right now? He really couldn't care less. He was entirely focused upon his target whom was eyeing him with some vague form of curiosity. She had to know who he was. His face only got plastered all over the goddamn place. And you know what else? It didn't enrage him to see her not bowing to him like everyone else was. Sure it was irksome, he wasn't going to deny that, but at the same time he didn't give two shits. He just wanted this business over and done with so he could go back to... Fuck. Riiiight.... the paperwork.... Joy upon joy (can you sense the sarcasm?). So whatever, she wasn't going to bow? Fine.

Oooo but the apple thing.... A finger twitched over top of his pockets, tapping his leg lightly as he watched her bite into that juicy, delicious looking apple. Fucking bitch. ARGH THAT WAS SO SMUG. ONLY HE WAS ALLOWED TO DO SHIT LIKE THAT! Or rather, only his father had been allowed to do that to him on occasion when he had been alive. Not that he had that often... only like... twice in his whole lifetime, but still. There was a matter of principle at stake here. But his facial expression did not change, merely shifting his weight from one leg to the other as he waited as patiently as he could for a response. For his patience to be holding as long as it was right now was a miracle in itself. "She's just former staff, Sir. She won't be any trouble." Not the voice he wanted to hear an answer from. He stared cooly at Mrs. Jarley, his brows furrowing ever so slightly at her interjection. "Former staff eh?" He muttered, turning his gaze back to the foreign woman standing before him so very defiantly. Oh she hated his city and its ways he could just tell. He wasn't completely unobservant, he had noticed her eyes when she had seen everyone bow to him. So... she had a problem with authority figures hm?

"Who I am is nobody of importance," So it speaks. Thats a relief. "An' wot I'm doin is eating a rather nice apple and making tea. Was a bit of a trip here, and I forgot to have the maid bring me breakfast on the road." Damian's mouth twitched as an odd sort of smirk spread across his features, caught somewhere between annoyance and amusement. "Well isn't that just unfortunate." You could hear the ominous calm that had settled over them, stepping up closer to her while ignoring her compatriots attempts to sedate her friend. Finally, someone with a fucking backbone. Or was it thick-headedness? Either way, he kinda wanted to break it. He wasn't going to lie. But that would just be a waste, wouldn't it? "Wan fome?" Removing his hands from his pockets, he cracked his neck with an almost strained sigh, though he was relaxing believe it or not. "I'm fine." He muttered, now standing about five paces away from her. He wasn't about to get any closer to a woman he only knew a few facts about. "What you're wrong about is that who you are is of some importance because you see," he jabbed a thumb back in the direction of the rest of the staff, the grimace returning as his golden eyes stared at her. "You're making people nervous, you technically broke in to a highly secure area, and.... well, who knows what you're here to do hm? For a former servant to come back in this way is more than a little suspicious to me." If he wasn't clearly a Prophet, he could probably get mistaken for someone from the Syndicate given how he was talking.

"So whats it gonna be tough stuff? You going to cooperate and answer some simple questions? Or is this going to have to get ugly?"
Prophet Barius
Prophet Barius
THE COMPLEX MAN

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Eshara Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Wasn't there a proverb somewhere about tempting fate, or not provoking dangerous animals? Or was that just common sense? Sure, either thing could have disastrous results, but for the oment it was just funny as all hell. He hadn't made a move to hurt Mrs. Jarley, and that was good at least. But he was becoming more annoyed; Shard could see it n the tiny facial ticks and way his body language was changing. Not that he didn't seem annoyed before, just now he seemed more annoyed. His smirk was something between enjoying this as much as she was, and the kind of smirk you see on someone rather vexed but not making a move yet. Eshara couldn't help but smirk, some thought drifting through her mind that was giddy at sizing the powerful man up.

Really, if she'd had a death wish, there were far saner ways to go about them, but this was the funnest. Her offer to share that beautiful apple was declined, alas, and returned only with a shrug as she chomped into the tart white flesh again. Really, if he didn't wante anything, he could just leave. Surely his royal God's Lipliness had better things to do. Didn't he have a city to run? Or at least a sock puppet theatre to go keep himself busy with? The kettle was beginning to steam, ready to whistle and make the awkward tension in the kitchen even more odd before Mrs. Jarley quickly took the kettle off the burner even though she didn't dare move to make tea for herself and Eshara as she'd been planning to.

A dark eyebrow quirked slightly with interest as Barius took two steps closer to her. Brave man, she'd give him that. Five paces was more than close enough to kill him if she had a reason or need to; her aim was good at more than twenty feet, so at five paces she had no reason to miss. Lucky them she had no intent to kill him, or even plans to see him; he did that on his own. "What you're wrong about is that who you are is of some importance because you see- You're making people nervous, you technically broke in to a highly secure area, and.... well, who knows what you're here to do hm? For a former servant to come back in this way is more than a little suspicious to me."

Oh, was that all? And it wasn't even tea time yet. Really, she was starting to slack in her old age, wasn't she? The look she gave him was one that almost seemed to glow with a total innocence, as though dear, sweet, gentle and above all else, subserviant Ehsara was completely unaware of such trespasses. Surely, not she! Law-abiding girl that she was. A tiny hum resounded in her mouth, as though simply noting that those facts laid out by the Prophet were rather interesting and she was wanting to hear more. She was half-tempted to mention that the security couldn't have been all that tight since she had absolutely no trouble getting in, but the kinglet's literal insecurities were far from her problem. And knowing it was so easy just seemed funny to her. Though she did wonder how else former servants came back in, if they did at all. If she was the first, dammit, she wanted the recognition! "Honestly that part was unintentional; I can't help that your current staff spooks easy. But being the lowly thing I am, I didn't think it'd be right to bother the palace secretaries with scheduling an appointment. My little black book gets full right quick, it might've been hard to squeeze 'em in."

"So whats it gonna be tough stuff? You going to cooperate and answer some simple questions? Or is this going to have to get ugly?"

The last of her humble lunch finished, Eshara placed the depleted core on the counter, planning to toss it in the bin on her way out when she went to see Arraris. And oh damn. Do not giggle! Of all the times to find pricks funny, now is NOT the time... even if it IS flippin hilarious. Eshara straightened up slightly, smoothing out her skirts and adjusting the glove on her right hand, making sure it and her sleeve weren't going to slip and expose her tattoos at all. All good. Dark, purring lips moved into a gentle smirk as she finally looked back up to Barius. "That depends on what you're askin, I guess. I certainly know what I'm here to do, so really that's all that matters. But I guess if you asked nice I'd tell you, though I'm sure your Highness would be quite bored with such a tale."
Eshara
Eshara
THIEVING COOK

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Barius Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm

She just kept on eating that fucking apple. Grrrr, only he was allowed to be a smug ass! THAT WAS HIS PREROGATIVE IN LIFE!! Who the hell was this chick to be stepping on his territory? Clearly, she must not be from around here. There had to be a reason she was a former servant. Whatever, he'd find a way to get this bitch to back down. Although... she was rather interesting in the simple fact she obviously wasn't afraid of him. But she was smart enough to know not to push her luck. If he gave her one good punch, it'd be game over man. Game over. His eyes darted from her, to the screaming pot of boiling water, then back again. That would be a fun thing to dump on a person, good for incapacitating them. Mrs. Jarley was already moving it off the stove, however, so no cruel plots for him. He almost wished he was mean enough to purposefully startle her just so she'd spill it on this upstart woman in front of him, but that just didn't feel right for today. Besides, it might start a fight and even though he was starting to get pissed off, he didn't really feel like beating the shit out of someone. That would come later.

"Honestly that part was unintentional; I can't help that your current staff spooks easy. But being the lowly thing I am, I didn't think it'd be right to bother the palace secretaries with sceduling an appointment. My little black book gets full right quick, it might've been hard to squeeze 'em in." Ok... NOW Damian was REALLY starting to get ticked off, his eyebrow twitching as his eyes closed amidst a heavy sigh. His men were slacking off again. Though they weren't just his men, they were also the other Prophet's men. Hehehe, he could talk to them about it too. Her sarcastic modesty did nothing for him, instead only opening his eyes as that smirk only grew upon his lips. Ooo if they got went into fisticuffs he would LOVE it. "No one is too low for an appointment." He murmured as his weight shifted ever so slightly once more, a few longer strands of his blonde hair falling into his face, only adding to the intimidating appearance he bore. The discomfort in the air could probably choke a horse.

But would she answer? That was the question. He cracked his neck as he saw her adjusting the glove on her hand, not even bothering to feel for the brass knuckles that were normally in his pocket. No need for those yet, not juuuuuuust yet. "That depends on what you're askin, I guess. I certainly know what I'm here to do, so really that's all that matters. But I guess if you asked nice I'd tell you, though I'm sure your Highness would be quite bored with such a tale." Ok, coy act done. He was fucking sick of this now. "You already know what the fuck I asked, miss. Whats your name, and what are you doing here? I'm not going to ask again." The words almost snapped out of his mouth, his patience growing to an end. He didn't ask 'nice,' he spoke the way he spoke and he wasn't about to let some little shit tell him how to act. Honeybadger gives no fucks.
Prophet Barius
Prophet Barius
THE COMPLEX MAN

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Eshara Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 am

Ancestors be thanked, that apple really hit the spot. Firm, really crispy, tart without being too sour, juicy... Eshara had forgotten how nice fruit was when it came from an area where mages would sell elixirs for farmers to add to the soil and make their crops nicer. She relly needed to look into a few spells herself, one day, maybe something to help preserve milk and eggs from spoiling as quickly. Mmm, the only thing that might have made that apple better would have been some of the lemon bread that Eshara knew would be in here somewhere, or that tea Mrs. Jarley was going to make for them until his royal pissiness interrupted.

"No one is too low for an appointment." Oh, well that ws certainly nice to know. It did her heart good to know that the palace was now the shining becon of equality and stellar citizens qould be seen and helped all the way down to the pirates that robbed them. Wasn't that nice! Eshara's arms folded over her chest, not looking over as Mrs. Jarley backed beyond arm's reach of either of them, looking more than nervous about the situation at hand. Captain Acrarus had been more than a little against Eshara sneaking into the palace on her own. Being enemies of the state was a tricky business and all, and knowing it was a place heavily guarded and full of people more likely to kill you rather than ask questions sent off all kinds of alarms. But really, she'd have been FINE if those stupid chattering hens had kept out of it!

The Cap'n said he'd be nearby if she needed help, but Eshara could see that her luck with the Prophet was wearing thin, though she really did want to ask if, since he was a Prophet, he saw this coming this morning. Wouldn't that be something? "You already know what the fuck I asked, miss. Whats your name, and what are you doing here? I'm not going to ask again." Yeah, she'd hit her limit with his temper. What a shame. And she could really see the irritation itching in his face... He reminded her of Tevlan; he wouldn't be opposed to hitting a girl and beating her to death, would he? Eshara's arms remained folded over her ample chest, making sure there was no way the sleeve would slip down.

"Well, since you asked so nicely, the name's Eshara." No need for a last name since they were all friends. Not that she had one, but just dropping the last name Schiwatas would pose a problem and give her away as not only a pirate, but belonging to a rather notorious one at that. "I came to see me uncle. He's a member of staff you've prolly never even met, but he's been working here since Prophet Barius the first was young." Eshara was more hesitant to mention old Arraris by name, even though everyone joked he'd been there since the since the Ancestors were alive. He was sick and had sent for her to apologize, and usually that only meant one thing with people; last thing she wanted to do was give this Prophet a reason to help Arraris into his box. Her head tilted sideways slightly, her smirk still far too confident for how much trouble could be coming. "Satisfied?"
Eshara
Eshara
THIEVING COOK

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Barius Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 am

Damian's eyes flickered over to Mrs. Jarley as she moved away, his fingers beginning to tap as he waited with his remaining patience for her to answer. He was clearly nonplussed by Eshara's indignant pose at the moment, staring at her with a fiery coolness that would have melted a car through. But he could tell she knew that he was as destructive as thermite. The moments of silence were beginning to drag on, and just as he shifted again, she finally spoke, "Well, since you asked so nicely, the name's Eshara." Eshara.... Why DID he know that name? There was a reason for it.... A very slight eyebrow raise was the only change in expression as she was deciding to be compliant. Good. He didn't need his advisers, nor his fellow Prophets yelling at him again about his temper. The twitching stopped, much to the rest of the servants relief. Too often had they had to patch up one of their own due to a fuck up on their end.

"I came to see me uncle. He's a member of staff you've prolly never even met, but he's been working here since Prophet Barius the first was young." Uncle eh? A likely.... story.... It was now that his brows furrowed slightly, his turn to fold his arms over his chest as he processed this new information. So his father? That meant he probably had vaguely heard the name of this so-called uncle of hers before. Or maybe not. Hell if he knew. His questions had been answered though, and so the tide of his rage was calmed for the moment. Not even her indignant expression pissed him off that much anymore, though it did make him inwardly twitch ever so slightly. "Satisfied?" Heh... whatever.

Letting his arms fall down to his sides, he chuckled softly while his hands slid back into his pockets, his smirk far less menacing as he continued to look at her evenly. "Absolutely. Now was that really so bad Eshara? Go about as you were. Just know that Prophet Barius will be watching you." He replied as he turned to go, much to the surprise of everyone in the room who knew how he usually operated. Though as he reached the doorway to the kitchen, he paused and turned his head so he could look at her through the corner of his eye, "Oh, and next time just send me a letter if you plan on any visits. Don't want a repeat of this." With that he waved with a hand and strode out, humming softly to himself as he strode back up to his office. Oh yes, he would certainly be watching.

[EXIT THREAD]
Prophet Barius
Prophet Barius
THE COMPLEX MAN

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Eshara Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:39 am

It could be so taxing to appease those who held regard for nothing, Eshara watching Damian with the trained eyes of thief who'd been cornered too many times, trying to read his slight body twitches to see if his next move wouldbe to turn away or strike. This one had quite the reputation for having a disposition of a water lily, so it was hard to tell, but keeping out of arm's reach was the safer idea. As it was Cap'n Acrarus wouldn't be happy she'd been caught or mingled with one of the Prophets personally, and if he heard about it she'd be making up for it later for sure.

Slowly Barius' hands slid back into his pockets and his smirk changed, just slightly. He was backing down. Oh good, Shard really didn't want to get into a fight this early in the day and cocky as she was, she wasn't stupid; she only had her knives on her, but with his reputation and the sheer number of guards in the Palace? She'd be going home in pieces. "Absolutely. Now was that really so bad Eshara? Go about as you were. Just know that Prophet Barius will be watching you." Had she still been seven her automatic answer would have been to frump and state very plainly that yes, it was. At least she never had to wonder why Arraris or Mrs. Jarley had to raise a hand to her; she always knew exactly why she was getting popped.

"I suppose now," came the indignant grumble. It was still none of his business, though, but at least she was pretty sure he'd leave the crusty old man in bed alone. He was already one foot in the grave from the sounds of his letter; he didn't need someone giving him a last good shove to get him settled. But let Damian watch; maybe next time she'd give him a show. Barius turned and began to leave the too-large, polished kitchen and paused to give Eshara one last glance and a warning. Fucker had to have the last laugh? He could havbe it. Far as she cared they came to a draw, even though she'd been winning.

"Oh, and next time just send me a letter if you plan on any visits. Don't want a repeat of this." Eshara smirked, giving a low, overly-dramatic bow with an excellent view of ample cleavage.

"'Course not, your Highness. I'll even wear me best frock." As the Prophet departed, Mrs. Jarley let out a heavy sigh of relief, looking at her girl with panicked frustration as she thanked the Ancestors for keeping that from getting bloody. A thick hand reached out and popped Shard upside the back of the head.

"Spiris save us! What's gotten into you?! You'd have never mouthed off like that to Opal's father." Eshara resumed leaning against the counter as the woman closest-resembling a mother that Shard had went about fixing soup and bread for Arraris. Really, that girl was going to get herself killed. Shard pulled off a slice of bread, nibbling at it with a grin. She wouldn't have mouthed off to Opal's father on the rare occasion he came within sight, but she would have either been put out of sight, or Opal himself would have told her to behave. And if Opal had told her to do someethig, then she would to it without hesitation or fighting him about it.

"No, but I held more respect for Opal and his. I don't owe that one nothin'." She munched nonchalantly as Mrs. Jarley set up the tray, trying to work off her frazzled nerves. Finally she slid the tray to Eshara to take up to the old man who'd sent for her in the first place.

"Really love, who do you belong to now that lets you just run your mouth like that?" Shard picked up the tray with the practiced hand and balance that only came with years of serving in a tavern. She still knew where the old man's room was and started heading out of the kitchen to the servants' hall. It was funny that it was still an assumed given that Eshara 'belonged' to someone, and even though she'd been granted her freedom, in a way, she did. She'd never leave them. Eshara grinned to herself, not stopping to look at Mrs. Jarley as she left the room to find the old rat.

"Schiwatas." Just a single name that so many across the land knew. Mrs. Jarley stood dumbfounded and looking more worried than she had when the Prophet had been about as she soaked in the knowledge that her little girl had grown up and become a pirate, belonging to the pirate that brough trouble where they went.

{END THREAD}
Eshara
Eshara
THIEVING COOK

Summary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down